Monday, November 12, 2007

God Laughs When You Die...The Book Signing!

Yo!

I had a great experience signing copies of God Laughs When You Die, at Dark Delicacies in Burbank. Lots of friends showed up, bought the book and hung around. My friends Steven Weber, (Wings, The Shining, Studio 60 on the Sunset Strip), Sandra Oh (ARLI$$, Grey's Anatomy),Nate Cordry (The Daily Show, Studio 60)and Jim Turner (ARLI$$, Bewitched) also showed up. David J. Schow (writer,The Crow, Texas Chainsaw Massacre: Leatherface. The Beginning) was also on hand to lend his support. It was great! Thanks to everyone who came out.

Looks like I'll be doing a signing at the Arisa convention in Massachusetts, sometime in January. Come on out and shake a hand.

I got invited to appear on Elvis Mitchell's syndicated pop culture program, The Treatment, to discuss the book. Elvis is a friend and I've been a longtime fan of his work as a journalist and pop culture/ film critic, so this should be great.

Still waiting on A Father's Work, to grace the pages of Weird Tales. Meanwhile, Manny Miracle Is Alive And Well And Dying In The 29th Dimension! should be appearing in Carnifexpress's Lords of Justice anthology soon.

I just completed a film in South Africa, The Killing of Wendy, for Brainstorm Productions. It's a murder mystery- comedy. I got to work with ten great actresses and David Hixsom, who directed a beautiful film called Beat The Drum. Over the summer I worked on Queen of Media, the biopic of radio shock jock Wendy Williams. Should be interesting.

And of course there was that foot amputation on Grey's Anatomy. Yep. It hurt.

More later.

Mike B

4 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Hello Michael,

We just posted a review of your book over at www.HorrorReader.com. Here's a link:
http://www.horrorreader.com/horror_reader/2007/11/god-laughs-when.html

Best of luck with the book!

-- Daniel Robichaud

8:15 AM  
Blogger Alex said...

I'm not sure if you even check this blog that often. I just finished listening to your audio presentation of 'The Given Day'. I am a radio talk show host in Salt Lake City and I have a looong daily commute. From one voice acting guy to another, it was brilliant. akirry@ksl.com

4:54 PM  
Blogger Rob Santa said...

Hi Michael,

Just dropping you a shout out for your performance on Criminal Minds. Loving it (still watching). Hey, loved your piece too in Sages & Swords, one of my favorites. When is your book signing since I live in RI and would love to shake hands? Feel free to drop me a line - you can PM me through the SFReader forum if you'd like to come back and say hi to all. Or at ricassopress.com if you'd like to remind a foolish new editor why he started printing in the first place.

-Rob Santa

6:49 PM  
Blogger Erin said...

Hi Michael,

I have been looking for contact info for you but couldn't find it. I just finished listening to The Given Day by Lehane and I absolutely loved your narration. You brought all of the characters alive for me. I was thrilled by all of the accents you could do and could clearly see the characters. I particularly was moved by the final scene between Danny and his father Thomas. The cracked voice and desperation of Thomas as he shouted, "Danny, I'll write back!" brought tears to my eyes. You did such an amazing job with Thomas, well with everyone. But I could so clearly see how torn this man was between his pride and the love for his sons.

Thank you for making it so real.

Erin

4:06 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home